Your refrigerator is supposed to keep your food cold, but what happens when it doesn’t? This can be a frustrating and even dangerous situation, as spoiled food can make you sick.
The good news is that there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem and fix it yourself. The experts from ABV Boston – affordable refrigerator repair services have shared useful tips and 6 steps to discover the problem and fix it.
- Don’t overload your refrigerator. This can block the airflow and prevent the refrigerator from cooling properly.
- Don’t overstuff your refrigerator. This can also block the airflow.
- Keep the door closed as much as possible. This will help to keep the cold air in.
- Clean the refrigerator regularly. This will help to remove dirt and debris that can build up and block the airflow.
- Defrost the refrigerator regularly. This is especially important if you live in a humid climate.
Home refrigerator repair is not always easy, still we are here to walk you thought the process. The evaporator fan is located in the back of the freezer, behind the evaporator coils. To access it, you will need to remove the evaporator compartment cover.
The cover is usually held in place by screws or plastic plugs. If you don’t see any obvious screws, look for small plastic plugs. These plugs can be pried out with a screwdriver or a butter knife.
Once the cover is removed, you will be able to see the evaporator coils and the evaporator fan. The evaporator coils are the metal fins that are covered in frost. The evaporator fan is the small fan that blows air over the evaporator coils.
If you need to clean the evaporator coils or replace the evaporator fan, you can do so by following the instructions in your refrigerator’s owner’s manual.
If your unit has a fan cover, you will need to remove it to access the inner fan.
Once the fan cover is removed, you can access the inner fan. You can then clean the fan or replace it if necessary.
If you have no time to handle such issues, you may always call professional refrigerator repair services, and they will make sure your appliance is working again.
If your refrigerator fan is noisy or isn’t spinning, it may need to be replaced. Once the fan motor is replaced, the refrigerator should work properly again.
Here are some additional tips for replacing a noisy or non-spinning refrigerator fan:
- If you are not comfortable replacing the fan motor yourself, you can call a qualified technician from ABV Bostom company to do it for you.
- Make sure that you purchase a new fan motor that is compatible with your refrigerator. You can find this information in your refrigerator’s owner’s manual.
- Be careful not to overtighten the screws when you are installing the new fan motor. This can damage the fan motor or the refrigerator.
To replace a fan motor, you will need to remove the old fan motor and install the new fan motor.
Here are some additional tips for replacing a fan motor:
- Ensure you purchase a new fan motor that is compatible with your appliance. You can find this information in your appliance’s owner’s manual.
- Be careful not to overtighten the screws when you are installing the new fan motor. This can damage the fan motor or the appliance.
Refrigerator repair Boston can be a daunting task, however, with the right technitials and necessary knowledge, it is not very hard. If replacing the evaporator fan didn’t fix the problem, check the condenser fan next.
The evaporator fan and the condenser fan are both important parts of the refrigerator cooling system. The evaporator fan helps to circulate air over the evaporator coils, which cools the air inside the refrigerator. The condenser fan helps to circulate air over the condenser coils, which removes heat from the refrigerant.
If the evaporator fan is not working properly, the air inside the refrigerator will not be cooled properly. This can cause the food to spoil. If the condenser fan is not working properly, the refrigerant will not be cooled properly. This can cause the refrigerator to overheat and shut down.
If you have replaced the evaporator fan and the refrigerator is still not cooling properly, it is likely that the condenser fan is the problem.
The condenser fan is an important part of the refrigerator cooling system. It helps to circulate air over the condenser coils, which removes heat from the refrigerant. If the condenser fan is not working properly, the refrigerator may not cool properly.
To check the condenser fan, you can follow these steps:
- Unplug the refrigerator.
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall.
- Remove the thin back panel near the bottom of the refrigerator. This will expose the condenser coils and the condenser fan.
- Plug the refrigerator back in and wait for the compressor to come on. The condenser fan should also come on.
- If the compressor runs, but the fan doesn’t, or if the fan is making a squealing or chirping noise, you will need to replace the fan.
To replace the condenser fan, you will need to remove the old fan and install the new fan. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Locate the old condenser fan. It is usually located near the bottom of the refrigerator, behind the condenser coils.
- Remove the screws that hold the old fan in place.
- Disconnect the wires from the old fan. Be careful not to damage the wires.
- Install the new condenser fan. Make sure that the new fan is compatible with your refrigerator.
- Connect the wires to the new fan. Make sure that the wires are properly connected.
Replacing the condenser fan in your refrigerator is a fairly simple fix, but it’s understandable if you’re feeling overwhelmed if you’ve never done it before. If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to contact ABV Boston appliance repair service.