Bathrooms always look and feel different with small changes. That’s what makes them equally gratifying and challenging to remodel. If you are looking for some tips when you are looking at recommended and enviable Orange County remodeling, here are some stellar tips to steer you in the right direction.
Fun, cool ideas for your next bathroom remodel
All of these are popular and impressive remodeling ideas that will help your bathroom take on a whole new life.
- Add in some subtle texture: Whether it’s a niche shelf in the shower or a tiny backsplash behind your vanity, go with a bit of colour or texture (or both) to draw the eye. It’s very modern and up-scale to do it that way.
- Don’t make the tub a requirement: Weird, perhaps, but important! Bathrooms often tend to be tight on space. If you don’t regularly use a bath tub, don’t get one! Invest in a night shower that you love instead of carving out precious space for a tub that you’re not going to use.
- Recess shelving, your medicine cabinet, etc: If you have the option of recessing things into the wall, go for it. From floating shelves to the medicine cabinet, to even full wardrobes, they’ll be worth the time and it also will make your bathroom look very high end and intentional!
- Go for warm lighting: This is a surprising one, but important! Lighting is huge in the bathroom. If it’s too harsh, it’ll create shadows and feel very clinical. If it’s too low, though, it creates even more shadows and will drag you down. Go for bright but soft and warm lighting. It’ll also give you a serious confidence boost when you see yourself in the mirror!
- Consider energy efficient fixtures: Not only will it save you in literal savings, it also can be a great way to take an outdated bathroom and make it more modern in the subtle touches. After all, no one said a remodel had to be a total do-over, right? Simple changes in light fixtures, taps, a new toilet, etc can make a huge cosmetic difference and it’ll really upgrade your space.
Don’t forget to factor in personal preferences
While some of these ideas may sound fantastic, it’s important to factor in your personal preferences, too. After all, a bathroom is a common spot to relax, enjoy some primping time, and just enjoy a few minutes to yourself (come on, we all feel that way from time to time). If one of these speaks to you as soothing, grab it. If one of these makes you feel uncomfortable, take it out of the mix. Your needs should always be the priority when realistically planning your bathroom remodel.
Did one of these grab your eye? Did these all inspire you to grab your toolbelt and Pinterest board and get started? You certainly aren’t alone. These tips will help you make your remodel a total success, both practically and as far as the overall aesthetic is concerned. Now the hard part is going to be picking your absolute favourite.