Blinds are just blinds, right? Actually, no. Outdoor blinds can change the entire look and feel of a home or business area. Think of it as changing shoes to transform an entire outfit. With outdoor blinds Melbourne homeowners can go wild to create beautiful spaces that work efficiently.
Not only does it complement the decor of your home, but it also protects your building and furniture from weather damage, rain, UV rays and those strong winds which are notorious in Melbourne. Dressing your space with proper outdoor blinds really seems like the smart thing to do, right?
So whether you’re looking at creating a private area to escape to or a room to host friends, there are a range of options available when it comes to outdoor blinds. But first make a list of all the must-have features that’ll suit your needs. Better yet, leave room for some customisation to give it that unique touch.
Let’s unpack the three most popular outdoor blinds that can spruce up any place.
1. Bistro Blinds
Bistro blinds are renowned for their durability and stylish look. They’re also affordable and can last you for a good period of time. Let’s look at more features of Bistro blinds:
- Weather protection: Weather conditions can be so unpredictable so when picking outdoor blinds Melbourne residents must always look for blinds that offer maximum weather protection. Bistro blinds protect you from the harsh winds, rain, extreme heat and hail.
- Budget-friendly: Because Bistro blinds aren’t made from wood it brings down the price substantially. They’re made from PVC which makes it last longer. Durability is one of the key factors to look at when it comes to outdoor blinds. Also, it retains the heat in winter and keeps your space cool in summertime. An energy saver all round, right? And because they last so long there’s no need to keep replacing them. Compared to curtains and other window dressings that need regular replacement, this beats the competition!
- Decor and style: Outdoor blinds are the first thing anyone sees when coming into your business or residential property. Make the first impression count. They come in different colours and the size can be customised to suit your space. Clear or tinted, they give off that luxurious feel. They also add a different element to your space, whether you need it for a formal setting such as an office or simply to cordon of your entertainment area. Bistro blinds works well in any setting and can be adjusted to suit your specific needs.
2. Roller Crank Blinds
This type of blinds is quite different to other outdoor blinds in terms of features. Let’s look at what makes it so unique:
- Convenience: It allows for easy roll-up so you can pack away conveniently. These blinds give you the benefit of enjoying the view without being exposed to harsh weather.
- Multi-dimensional: It has a gear spring-loaded and crank-operated function which makes it easy to operate. The various functionality options allow you to pick which works best for you.
- Customisation: It allows you to customise your space to make it more functional. It affords you complete privacy and there’s no unsightly chains or ropes that are visible. It’s neat and tidy and available in mesh and clear material which can moderate the temperature.
- Durability: It reduces the wrapping and flapping while you wind it down. It remains durable and resilient for a long period under extreme weather conditions. It also blocks out the sun’s glare on those hot sunny days.
3. Café Blinds
Don’t let the name fool you. These outdoor blinds are often used in restaurants to give the space that quaint cafe style feel but is works just as well for homes too. This is what else they can do for your space:
- It blocks the wind yet still maintains ideal temperatures
- It has a two-function hand rolling and rope-and-pulley system for convenience
- Because you can keep an interior cool, it decreases the amount of energy you use and therefore costs spent on air conditioning
- The quick and easy open and close function allows you to adjust it as the weather changes
- You can use it in your patio area or veranda to create and extra room outside
- The zippers down the side secure the blinds and make them a viable solution for any weather conditions
- It’s good value for money and can substantially increase the value of your property.
There’s still a wide range of outdoor blinds Melbourne vendors have to offer. Whether you prefer manual or motorised blinds, you’re spoiled for choice. It’s not just homes that need a bit of extra styling; business can also benefit from installing outdoor blinds.
Find the one that best suits your style and enjoy the privacy it offers and protection against harsh weather conditions. It’s a solid investment that’ll last for a long period of time. Do you have more tips about optimising homes and offices? Please share with us.