When you want to install a new air conditioner in your home or place of business, it is common to consider whether to choose a ducted or Split Air conditioning Sydney system. So, how do you determine which one is best for your place? This guide provides you with key insights into the advantages of both types of AC units, making it easier to choose the right system.
Split Air Conditioners
A split air conditioner has an external component, the condenser, which is placed outside the building. It is typically fixed or placed on an external wall. The head unit is placed inside, either fixed to a wall or placed on the floor. These are the most commonly used AC units in Australia and are perfect for a single room or open plan area with up to 60 square metres of area.
There are many advantages of choosing a split air conditioner for your home. Some of the most common ones are as follows:
- Split systems are more affordable than Ducted Air Conditioning systems. Both the cost of installation and operational costs are relatively lower.
- You may start by installing one for the main living area and add more units as and when needed
- They are perfect for double-storey homes or apartments, as there is no need to install ducting between different levels
- They are also suited for smaller homes or for single rooms
Modern split systems can be operated by remote control and provide optimal convenience and comfort, giving you total control over the temperature in a room or zone.
Ducted Air Conditioning Systems
Ducted air conditioners have their entire cooling/heating unit in a discreet central unit that is located outside the building, either on the roof or in some other location outside. The central unit is connected to the air outlets and sensors in each room or zone via air ducts. The ducting is properly concealed and the vents can be visible. They are perfect for cooling or heating your entire house.
Ducted AC systems cost more than their split counterparts. If you need an air conditioning system that cools your entire building, this is the right choice for you. It is centrally controlled with the help of a thermostat. You can maintain an even temperature throughout the building. According to studies, this is beneficial for the longevity of your furniture, flooring, and other furnishings. Even temperature and conditioning is also good for pets.
You can also choose models that allow you to set the conditions for different zones. You may turn off cooling in rooms that are not being used. It can also allow you to cool different rooms to different levels.
Another advantage of ducted systems is their quieter operation. They can also be more efficient than their split system counterparts. If you plan to stay long in a place, it is recommended to choose these systems.
Choosing the Right AC System
It is recommended to keep the following points in mind when choosing the right air conditioning system between the split and ducted system:
- Choose a system that optimises energy efficiency and adds value to your property.
- The system should be custom designed to your property’s design and floor plan.
- It must match your budget and decor
- It must meet the challenges local to Sydney’s climate and conditions.
- A zoned system will prevent your unit from consuming energy when and where not needed.
So, it is recommended to consider all these points when choosing between a Ducted Air Conditioning system and a split system. If you are confused between the two options, it is best to consult a professional AC installation company.