Cooper Tires is an American company that manufactures tires in three states of the USA, China, and the Uk, and Serbia. Headquarters is in Ohio, USA. In the beginning days, there is a partnership between China and the USA to manufacture cooper tires.
READ OUR: lennox furnace reviews costco
As time progressed, there were signs of slow trading between both countries. In 1979 China and the USA became the most significant bilateral trading countries. But as per statistics, China is the third-largest trading partner for the USA.
Due to the increase in technology majority of cooper truck tires are made in China. Cooper officially announced its entry into the Chinese market in April 2006 and established its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters in Shanghai.
All Cooper truck tires are now made by Hangzhou (China) Rubber Co. Ltd. Cooper is on track to source 250,000 to 300,000 truck tires from Hangzhou this year. “Truck tires are more often being produced in lower-cost countries.
Cooper Cooper sources its medium truck tires from its own Qingdao Ge Rui da Rubber Co. Ltd. joint venture in Qingdao and an off-take agreement with Prix Chengshan (Shandong) Tire Co., a former Cooper joint venture. Cooper also has signed an off-take production agreement with China’s Sailun Jinyu Group Co. Ltd.
Covering the Roadmaster brand and is setting up a joint venture with the same company in Vietnam to build a radial truck/bus tire plant in Vietnam that could be in production by late 2020.
In China, thousands of cooper tires are made which are suitable for different kinds of vehicles. Some of China’s cooper tires are 145r10 Radial Trailer Tires for Mini Cooper, Cooper Zeon RS3-a Tire for Passenger Vehicles 255 45r20, Performance Tire for SUV Cooper Discoverer ATS 235 65r17, Cooper Zeon RS3-a Tire for Passenger Vehicles 275 35r18, etc. These tires have a price range between $14 to $30,000. It covers all kinds of cooper tires.
Essential Facts Regarding Cooper Tires China:
- On March 23, 2007, CKT produced the first tire.
- On March 11, 2008, CKT produced the one-millionth tire.
- On August 27, 2008, CKT production capacity reached 10,000 tires per day for the first time.
- On Saturday, August 15, 2009, CKT produced the five millionth tire.
- On October 15, 2010, CKT produced the 100,000th tire.
- On March 15, 2013, CKT became a wholly-owned subsidiary of COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY
- In 2012, CKT production capacity increased to 5 million tires.
- In October 2012, CKT began to supply OE tires to Ford North America
- In May 2014, CKT passed ISO/TS16949 quality system certification.
- In November 2014, CKT passed Ford Q1 certification
- In September 2015, CKT passed the Volkswagen certification.
Asia Pacific Technology center is in China, which manufactures advanced cooper tires with a great design. They export thousands of tires to many countries across the globe.
This is one of the best brands in China for tire manufacturing. Cooper Qingdao GRT plant in China introduced in 2019 collaborated with various brands to improve tires’ production rate.
They have produced tires in batches for North America. They produce cost affective tires which meet all the standards required to make the best tire. They give the best warranty to the customers. It is one of the best-branded tire manufacturers in both China and the world.